Friday, September 29, 2006

Adopted an 03 Valkyrie Dragon!

Haven't posted in awhile so wanted to let you know, all is well.. Me and Mary are just doing fabulous together. She may be getting a transfer to another store as a manager around the first of the year. No telling where, but should still be in the Tex-NM area. Fortunately with my work (which BTW is going well) I can do it from anywhere.

New bike in the stable. My VStar 1100 is a great bike but with the big straight drag pipes I couldn't hear myself think. Have a Sirius radio and it was worthless. Getting to the point where I started thinking about an easier, quieter, smoother ride. Well found all that and a bike that is bigger, badder and meaner. A friend of mine in the Fellowship Riders just aquired a Valkyrie Interstate but ended up committing to a deal on a standard also. Well with two Valkyries, a Goldwing trike and a VTX in his garage, what was I to do? Being a good friend, I took the 03 Valkyrie Standard off his hands.

All I can say is what a bike. 1520cc, Flat 6cyl, 6carb, overhead cam, close to 100hp! In 2000 it was awarded the notariety of being the "Cruiser of the Decade". Here is a link to an ad Honda ran when it was released.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a19jg9-pdmM

I sold my VStar 1100 Classic. Thought about keeping it but when riding the Valkyrie I realized there would be no reason, hehe ;) Sold it outright to the local Honda shop.

This bike could posibly be the last bike I will ever buy. (unless I add an Interstate model in the future. yeah right.)

I am already busy making modifications to it. Have already added mustang studded and fringed seats with drivers backrest, 4" kickback risers, Memphis lower air deflectors, front fender chrome rail, rear luggage rack, hwy pegs, fringe grip covers, chrome pivot covers, halogen driving lights, Pulled radiator had it cleaned and repainted with joints soldered and reinforced. in the process of installing, new fringe bags, a tour pack trunk like I had on the VStar, accessory 12v outlet, ram mount for gear like radar detector and Sirius Radio. More to come later. They say that the manufacture makes the bike but we have to make it ours ;)

Getting the bike ready for a ride the Fellowship Riders are making to the Big Bend which we will be camping. Should be awesome. Leaving the 6th and coming home on the 9th. Will post some pics when we get back.

Til next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home