Monday, May 15, 2006

Fellowship riders visit Carlsbad Caverns, NM.




Had a great ride. 450 miles round trip. Weather was great. Did get alittle hot when we left the Caverns. About 100 degrees. We left after breakfast at 9am and got to Carlsbad about 1:30 pm.

I cheated and rode the elevator to the bottom and only walked about 1/2 of the big room. Hey, I'm 54, I qualify. Was glad to find a shortcut that saved about an hour off the tourof just the big room at the bottom. What's a guy to do. There was a couple of older folks that needed company and needed "my help" to get back to the elevator. hehe. When we came out of the Caverns, and got ready to head back it was 100 degrees plus. Thank God for tshirts. We got back to Lubbock at about 10:30 pm. What a great ride. Didn't get up intime for church the next morning though. That should be ok, we spent Saturday spreading the word of the Fellowship Riders ;). We had a neat couple join us in Hobbs that were from Lubbock. They had a wheel chair strapped on the back of a Gold Wing that his wife needed. Wow, what a hobby.

I was amazed a the picture above that one of the fellowship riders took. I did not realize how well I was doing in the groceries department. Guess I need to loose some of it so I can get some better mileage. Oh well, God is blessing me big time. Health, love, and some great fellowship. Thank you God. If things were going better, I guess, I would have to become a special attraction at a side show.

For more pics of the Carlsbad ride go to: www.fellowshipriderslubbock.org and click on the "Photos" link on the top banner to see them all.

Until next time keep your knees in the breeze, chin in the wind and God in front of you.

Jimmmr in Lubbock

1 Comments:

Blogger Biker Betty said...

Hi Jimmmr,

Sounds like a great ride and the caverns are awesome!!! My family went there two summers back and thoroughly loved it. Of course, it would have been better on motorcycles, but it was a family thing and it would have been hard because we didn't have our motorcycles yet (lol).

Glad everyone made it home great,
Betty :)

11:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home